ISDM SOLUTIONS – TIER 1 SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
As a member of our Global Technical Operations Team reporting to the Service Desk Lead, the Tier 1 Support Technician will provide day-to-day break fix engineering services to our managed service customers based in West Yorkshire, Halifax.
- Provide technical support; answering support queries via the telephone, webchat, over VC, using remote desktop tools and attendance at customer sites.
- Ensure the management of VC and AV cases end to end, communicating with customers and keeping service managers up to date via email and case updates.
- Ensure all cases are logged on vFire/ASM or Service Now, ensuring that detailed information is inputted, and cases are kept up to date with actions and next steps noted.
- Carry out onsite/remote triage to assess faults/issues, devising a resolution based on triage and actioning next steps to ensure that the fault/issue is resolved.
- Ensure that all cases are resolved within their designated SLA, where cases are at risk of breaching, escalate to the Service Desk Lead.
- Escalate cases to the next level of engineer where appropriate
- Champion and always demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Provide support for high-profile customer meetings/conferences that require special AV/VC preparation and dedicated support on site or remotely when required.
- Attend technical solution Handover Meetings fulfilling tasks that are a requirement of customer contract onboarding (adding/removing/updating assets in RMS/CMDB, Contract Handbook updates ad hoc reporting, raising problems and changes, attendance at CAB meetings)
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance visits, morning tests and monitor problematic/high priority rooms.
- Ensure at the end of each day shift a complete and comprehensive handover is provided to the next team based in the US picking up the continuation of the service ( i.e. follow the sun)
- When required attend customer and internal meetings to discuss fault cases.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and distribute relevant communication items within set timescales
- Contribute to the success of the department and assist in improving the overall customer experience within the team by suggesting and delivering improvements to the service
- Be an escalation point for the customer working alongside the team to resolve any outstanding issues or complaints and taking ownership of high profile/priority tickets
- Ensure all service material/documentation is available and maintained at all times
- Proven technical support at a 1st line break fix engineer level in VC and AV technologies
- Ability to interpret CAD drawing cable schematics, solution specifications and designs.
- Experience in troubleshooting technical faults in;
- Collaboration spaces, Conference rooms, Auditorium and Theatre A/V systems
- Cisco Video Conference Systems
- AMX/Crestron/Extron Systems
- Biamp DSP systems
- Amplifiers, mixers, microphones
- Electronic whiteboards
- An aptitude for both efficient and accurate working with excellent attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task whilst prioritising work loads
- Strong communication skills, both written and face to face and the ability to generate strong and lasting customer relationships
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problem resolution
- Must have full clean driving license, criminal records and successfully pass a drug test
- Organizational and time-management skills
- Microsoft Office proficient(outlook, Excel, power point)
- Able to read and write basic English and compute basic math functions
- Strong AV/VC industry background providing ongoing managed services
- ITIL accreditation
- Experience in using a SMTool/Ticketing system such as Service Now, Remedy
· Health Cash Plan after probation
· People’s Pension enrolment
· Flexible working
· “Dress for your day” dress code
· Annual flu jabs
· Annual company events
· Employee referral bonuses
· Cycle to work scheme
· Dedicated training budgets
· Education reimbursement
· 30 days of annual leave, increasing to 33 with years of service.
· Bank holidays are not mandatory.
· Optional private medical after 3 years of service
If you have an interest in this position please send through your CV to HR@isdmsolutions.com.
We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.