ISDM SOLUTIONS – 1st Line Service Desk
Reports to: Head of Service Delivery
Salary: £20,500 – £23,000
Location: Halifax, United Kingdom
As a member of our Global Technical Operations Team reporting to the Service Desk Lead, the 1st Line Service Desk will provide day-to-day break fix engineering services to our managed service customers based across the UK, Ireland, Europe and USA.
- Provide technical support, answering support queries via the telephone, webchat, over video calls, using remote desktop tools and attendance at customer sites.
- Ensure the management of VC and AV cases end to end, communicating with customers and keeping service manager up to date via email and case updates.
- Ensure all cases are logged on Alemba Service Manager, ensuring that detailed information is inputted, and cases are kept up to date with actions and next steps noted.
- Carry out onsite/remote triage to assess faults/issues, devising a resolution based on triage and actioning next steps to ensure that the fault/issue is resolved.
- Escalate cases to the next level of engineer where appropriate.
- Champion and always demonstrate excellent customer service.
- Complete scheduled preventative maintenance visits, morning tests and monitor problematic/high priority rooms.
- Arrange for external technical support where problems cannot be resolved in house.
- Ensure any work not completed upon your finish to the day is discussed with colleagues.
- When required attend internal meetings to discuss fault cases.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and distribute relevant communication items within set timescales.
- Ability to communicate to a high standard in English both written and verbally.
- Contribute to the success of the department and assist in improving the overall customer experience within the team by suggesting and delivering improvements to the service.
- Minimum 6 months support experience at a 1st line level.
- Ability to understand CAD drawing cable schematics, solution specifications and designs.
- An aptitude for both efficient and accurate working with excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to multi-task whilst prioritising workloads.
- Strong communication skills, both written and face to face and the ability to generate strong and lasting customer relationships.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills for problem resolution.
- Must have full clean driving license (this can be discussed if no licence), criminal records and successfully pass a drug test.
- Microsoft Office proficient (Outlook, Excel, Word etc).
- Able to read and write basic English and compute basic math functions.
- Travel will be required within the UK.
- Strong AV/VC industry background providing ongoing managed services.
- Experience in using a ITSM/Ticketing system such as Service Now, Remedy, ASM.
- Microsoft Teams Knowledge
To apply send through your CV to HR@isdmsolutions.com
We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.