HR Assistant Job Description
Reports to: Chief People Officer
The HR Assistant role is accountable for supporting all operational functions of the HR department from recruitment, learning and development, employee relations, benefits and performance management. By managing the full employee lifecycle and developing the tools and procedures necessary for effective resourcing, retention, progression and talent planning, this role is responsible for ensuring the organisation achieves its people oriented goals by creating, governing and delivering upon the processes that drive the people strategy.
The HR Assistant will also support strategic agendas, helping ISDM plan, administer and where necessary react to people related issues and challenges;- for example employee engagement, performance and ensuring ISDMs talent pool can deliver upon the company’s changing strategic goals.
- Assist CPO in developing and executing all HR procedures and policies, providing guidance and interpretation for line managers and staff across all business operations.
- Assist in administering and reviewing benefits, compensation, and employee performance programs in terms of best practice and continued fit to ISDM’s needs
- Identify and develop new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization as a whole, and to improve employee experience.
- Manage recruitment activities with both ISDM marketing department and ISDM chosen external parties, building relationships and cost effective ways to identify and attract talent.
- Manage end to end new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional and smooth first-day/week experience.
- Supporting all activities around ISDMs Learning and Development Strategy managing training portals, requests, training budgets and identifying training providers to deliver upon ISDMs training plans
- Handle all administrative tasks related to the employee life cycle
- Ownership of ISDM HR information system Staff Circle
- 1st Line support to company HR email inbox
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR support service to employees in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, grievance matters, organizational change, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Be the primary backup for ISDM monthly payroll processing and contact for pay related matters between ISDM and 3rd party provider
- Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and organizational chart, and contributes to the development of policies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics and cultural awareness.
- 2 year experience in working in a HR support function
- Qualified or working towards CIPD
- Knowledge of Data protection and GDPR
- Resourceful, problem solving aptitude and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
- Personable and discreet in nature to ensure and open access approachable HR department ethos
- Strong knowledge of MS Office and comfortable learning new systems.
- Detail orientated.
· Health Cash Plan after probation
· People’s Pension enrolment
· Hybrid working
· “Dress for your day” dress code
· Annual flu jabs
· Annual company events
· Employee referral bonuses
· Dedicated training budgets
· Education reimbursement
· 30 days of annual leave, increasing to 33 with years of service.
· Bank holidays are not mandatory.
· Optional private medical after 3 years of service
If you have an interest in this position please send through your CV to HR@isdmsolutions.com
We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.