ISDM SOLUTIONS – AV DESIGN ENGINEER
Reports to: HEAD OF DESIGN
The AV Design Engineer will be an AV professional with a good working knowledge of AV Systems and Video Conferencing technologies. Competent and confident in a client facing environment and in collaboration with other trades to deliver enterprise level solution design for a variety of audio-visual projects. Based in Halifax, West Yorkshire.
- Engage with the sales team, client, users, project managers, and other trade contractors in the design of audio-visual solutions.
- Production of detailed kit lists, and functional specifications and pre-sales information for AV/VC solutions to defined SLA timescales.
- Ensure solutions are of high quality, and align with ISDM’s core principles of sustainable solutions, and thinking beyond the now.
- Production of audio-visual M&E drawings for power, data and cable containment.
- Production of audio-visual system schematics, cable schedules and network device details.
- Research and testing of new products and technologies to assess suitability for our customers and stay abreast of latest technologies.
- Attendance of internal and external industry training to ensure quality and understanding is maintained.
- Attendance of customer sites and meetings face to face to establish requirements and carry out site surveys.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to non-technical project delivery team.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a wider team.
- Time Management
- Planning skills
- AutoCAD 2D experience
- Knowledge or experience of Audio-Visual installation.
- Knowledge or experience of networking technologies.
· Health Cash Plan after probation
· People’s Pension enrolment
· Flexible working
· Cycle to work scheme
· “Dress for your day” dress code
· Annual flu jabs
· Annual company events
· Employee referral bonuses
· Dedicated training budgets
· Education reimbursement
· 30 days of annual leave, increasing to 33 with years of service.
· Bank holidays are not mandatory.
· Optional private medical after 3 years of service
We are committed to equal opportunities regardless of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity or any other protected characteristic.